Monday, October 7, 2013

Hello Readers! No I haven't forgotten about you! There was a lot going on this weekend and I didn't have any time to properly update this blog, so I waited until I did. Speaking of, I had a great weekend. We spent some time in Sebring for my friend's birthday, saw "Gravity" in IMAX 3D (GREAT movie), and I spent a lot of wonderful time with my boyfriend. Perfect weekend!

Friday morning I did my last workout for the week and put myself over the edge for my goal this week! :) 114 calories over for that matter!


The extra calories burned (plus the calories I haven't included since I'm "low-balling" my estimated calories burned with the C25K program) definitely help the extra calories I took in this weekend (pizza, a little ice cream, and some alcohol). Other than those things, I stuck to my plan quite well, though I'm not going to include all of it here. I made good decisions when eating out and only ate my fill.

This morning I did not do my first day of the second week of C25K. This was deliberate and not a decision made in the morning (i.e. I didn't crawl back in bed and put off doing it!). As I mentioned in past posts, I have been having an issue with a shin splint in my right shin. I did some research to see if it was safe to just work through, and the advice I found was "no, not really." So I wanted to give it an extra day of rest before I start back up tomorrow. It is still hurting and aching a bit, but I'm nervous to give it any more time and risk not keeping up with my workouts.

Speaking of, in the interest of full disclosure, I am a little anxious that I will "fall off the bandwagon" because I missed today. It sounds funny, but just writing that fear is empowering enough to not have that happen. I am fully planning to begin the next week in C25K tomorrow and do it for the rest of the week. The great thing about this blog is that it helps me write down some of those anxieties and gain some control over them. After I finish this writing, I am going to light my pumpkin candle and take a hot shower. I feel better already.


I skipped breakfast this morning and didn't have my snacks at work today. I honestly really just wasn't feeling it! I am working on reconciling my wish to eat enough calories during the day and only eating when I am hungry. I am under by a few hundred calories, but I just wasn't hungry for it. One thing I have learned about nutrition in my "travels" is that losing/gaining pounds is what happens over about a week and not day by day. Since I had a few extra calories this weekend, then this "short" day probably will actually work out. If that makes sense!

Now that all of that is out of the way, I have some good news to share! Last week, I told you about my goal to have as little Jacksonville meters estimated as possible. Well, I ended last week with NO Jacksonville meters getting estimated! I worked my butt off and got it done. :D Now I just need 3 more weeks of the same success I will be able to not only get the $250 bonus but make the "in a perfect world" goal for meters. Fingers crossed!

I had a long week of ups and downs last week, but I am proud of myself for how I handled each problem as well as any anxiety I experienced. I know I won't always have success like this week, but I am going to do my best to continue to better myself mentally, physically, and emotionally.

This week my goals are to end this week feeling as good as I ended last week, continue studying my vocab and math, make a list of recipes I would like to try (and a schedule), and get groceries totaling less than $100 for the next two weeks. Also, this past weekend was a bit of a special weekend (and I let myself not worry too much about food, other than trying to make good choices), but this weekend I want to make meals at home as much as possible (maybe eating out once). J and I will be making some pumpkin food, so that shouldn't be too difficult!

I'm going to end this here and go start my laundry and my relaxing routine, but on a final note: Sigur Ros concert TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment