Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hi all! I'm back this morning in recovery again. Immediate afterthoughts: I'm beat! Today was more difficult mentally and less difficult physically. What I mean by that is this morning I tried really hard to talk myself into skipping today. I was feeling really sore from yesterday and was thinking "well, I should probably take a breather between days, right? My muscles need to rejuvenate."

Then I remembered what it was like marching drum corps, and how we didn't get break between days, and we got pushed harder than I thought humanly possibly. And you know what? We survived. We were better for it, and our bodies adapted (quickly!). So I just got up and got dressed and went out the door.

Physically, it was not as difficult as yesterday, though mentally I was battling myself the whole way. I did it though. Week 1, Day 2 complete!



I'm off to shower and get ready for work now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment