Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hi everyone. I made another post further down that isn't related to fitness (mostly), but it got too long so I'm writing my progress journal here. I found a bit of an easier way to track my food here:

(Click to make larger)

This is taken directly from Sparkpeople. As you can see, I made some good progress today I think. I'm still not where I want to be with protein (I went with the peanut butter, but it actually didn't have as much as I had thought). I'm going to do the veggie burgers more (SO delicious), the cheese is a great source of protein, and I am still looking for some recipes for the future. I found what looks to be an amazingly delicious egg "McMuffin" homemade recipe that I can make on the weekend, freeze, and take throughout the week. The eggs will be a big boost is protein. Check it out here. I will probably make them with the turkey sausage and mix some veggies in the eggs before cooking. This recipe has a whopping 21g of protein! And only 258 calories altogether - perfect for breakfast.

As for the carbs, well, I'm still within my range, but I want to lower that intake as well. Unfortunately I will have to live with it until I run out of my bread and make my next grocery store run next week for some better meal options. My calories are also on the low end of the scale today which is good. By the way, I didn't eat my serving of pretzels I brought for a snack today. I just wasn't hungry for it. I think the peanut butter kept me fuller today.



I just love adding my exercises to Sparkpeople. Look at me go! I am well on my way to beginning week 2 next week (90 seconds jogging and 2 minutes walking). By the way, just to give a run down of this program in case you are interested, the gist is to go from the couch to running a 5K (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. Three times a week you do the same workout, and the next you move on. Here are the steps, numbered by week:


  1. Brisk 5 minutes warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. 
  2. Brisk 5 minutes warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds jogging and 2 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. 
  3. Brisk 5 minutes warmup walk. Then do two repetitions of the following: 
    1. Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    2. Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    3. Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
    4. Walk 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  4. Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then:
    1. Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    2. Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
    3. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    4. Walk 1/4 mile (or 2.5 minutes)
    5. Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    6. Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
    7. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  5. Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then:
    1. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    2. Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    3. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    4. Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    5. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  6. Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then:
    1. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    2. Walk 1/3 mile (or 3 minutes)
    3. Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
    4. Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    5. Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  7. Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)
  8. Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes)
  9. Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes)
My app I am using for this is pretty cool. I figured out how to listen to music with it on. My "coach" talks over the music and tells me when to walk or jog. I have it set to just doing by time right now, but you can change it to track distance as well. I will likely have to repeat some of these weeks, but I'm hoping not to until at least Week 4.

Well, I'm off to study some GRE Math (Substitution!). Have a great evening everyone, and look for my blog tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment