Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Tuesday!

Hello my loyal readers!

So this weekend was really great again. J and I finished watching season 2 of American Horror Story, and watched the first episode of season 3. Season 2 was a lot more gory than the first season and I missed a lot of the mystery of the first as well, but it got a lot better towards the end. It ended a little strangely character-wise, but all in all I give it a solid B rating. The first episode of season 3 was great. This season is based on a coven of witches, and I really enjoyed where they seem to be going with it. J said that the creators really took to heart some of the criticism of the second season (too much blood and gore!) and fingers crossed that things will be different this time around.

We also watched the Blair Witch Project, which has really stood up against the test of time. It still freaked me out quite a bit! We made some delicious meals including my BBQ chicken flatbread pizza (so easy to make, healthy, and fast). I will definitely be making this again in the near future. We also made some pumpkin honey beer bread. It was really delicious! Again pretty darn easy to make. A great first foray into fall-themed recipes.

Since I haven't yet brought this to the attention of my blog, I will tell you that I have stopped doing the C25K. I definitely want to revisit it in the future, but at the current moment I had to make a judgment call because running on the asphalt was really killing my lower-extremities. My shin splint that I thought I had I believe may have actually been an injury, and continuing to run on it wasn't a good idea. Never fear though, I have picked up an alternative! I am doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred videos. I have done two days now and they are KILLER. She is a real hard-ass and makes you work hard, but that's why I like her! I'm now doing strength training and cardio with the video in my apartment and my shin is thanking me for it. I think I may actually be burning more calories doing this! Her video consists of stretching, pushups, "skipping rope", running in place, etc. I still need to buy some small weights (3-5lbs) for some of her exercises. Since it's a 30 DAY Shred, you guessed it, it is 30 days straight! I believe there are one or two days off, but I think I'm up for this. People have lost up to 30 pounds doing this, so I'm excited! Once I get through it I may start doing p90x or maybe one of her other videos. Or maybe I will revisit C25K with a little lighter "load" and my shin won't hate me as much.

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow (PROMISE!!!). If anyone is still reading this, feel free to bug me if I haven't posted in awhile. And I appreciate everyone always asking me how it's going and if I'm still on track. It keeps me honest!

Have a good day tomorrow guys!


(Irrelevant picture that I thought was cool. Now this is the way to stack wood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment