Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday Again

Hi everyone. I definitely haven't posted like I wanted to last week. The weekends really throw me off and I need to find the right balance with them. That said, this weekend won't be much different, though it will be much fun! We are doing a 5k this Saturday. My first one! We are driving to Sebring Friday evening, staying with some friends, and the four of us are doing the 5k Saturday morning. Saturday evening we are going to a Halloween party that our friends are throwing in Sebring. We are going to make some pumpkin dip (!!!) and bring graham crackers and apple slices for dipping. Can't wait! Sunday evening we are going to HHN.. Who all is going is yet to be determined. This week I still need to make my costume (Hypatia) and get things ready for the weekend. 

I won't say much more in this short update, but I've been working hard on myself and being honest with myself and others. I have been eating well still, but I haven't done my 30 Day Shred since before this weekend :\. I feel a bit bummed about it, but I'm also not going to hide under a rock because of one (or 2-5) slip ups. I still got this. I'm also not going to put so much pressure on myself that I must do every single day or I'm a failure. Because I'm not! Even small successes are at still successes. 

All that said, I almost didn't update this evening because I was nervous about what I would say, but then I saw this Reddit AMA by the beautiful Allie Brosh: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ozt33/i_am_allie_brosh_the_drawwriter_of_hyperbole_and/

She writes a great comic, Hyperbole and a Half. She's an inspiration and I love her work. Her new book is coming out Thursday! Remind me in three or four pay checks to get it. I love her and she helps remind me that I love me, even if things don't always go exactly as I envision. It's pretty silly to kick yourself when your down, isn't it? Tomorrow I will do another day of the Shred, and Satuday I will participate In my first 5k, even if I have to walk the whole way (I don't plan to.) This weekend will be a blast, next week is Halloween, and in two weeks J and I are celebrating 4 awesome years. 

Goodnight everyone! Here's to another step forward. Love you guys.

Enjoy this random picture from my iPad, since that is where I'm updating from and I want a picture on this post:


My preeeeecious....

No comments:

Post a Comment